top of page
Technique for stabilizatio of a distal tibia fracture
By radiolucent linear frame
1. Distal tibia fracture with dislocation
2. Insert a pin at the proximal end of the proximal bone segment and the distal end of the dista one.
3. Connect the pins to clamps on a carbon connecting bar, but don't tighten them. Take care the lenght of the bars is enough to distract the fracture.
4. Holding the pins, apply a distraction force to the fracture area.
5. As soon as the fracture is reduced, firmly secure the pin to the clamp, in order to stabilize the fracture.
6. Add a second pin to clamp in distal fragment, and a second pin with a second clamp to the proximal one.
7. Lock each clamp to the connecting bar. Complete the stabilization as required by the fracture features.
bottom of page