Technique for stabilization of a distal tibia fracture
By T-frame radiolucent linear fixator
1. Very distal tibia fracturewith dislocation.
2. Insert a short and a longer carbon bar in the trought of each clamp with 3 aligned holes.
3. Connect the two bars tinghtening the double clamp by means of a M3 screw, in order to form a T frame.
4. Insert a pin in the distal fragment from cranio-medial to caudo-lateral direction.
5. Connect the treaded pin to the shorter carbon bar by a clamp with a hook.
6. Insert a pin in the proximal fragment and stabilize the frame to the bone connecting it to the longer carbon bar by means of a clamp with hook.
7. Insert one more pin in the distal fragment in a cranio-lateralto craudo-medial directio, and connect it to the shorter carbon bar by a clamp with a hook.
8. The angle between the pins is much more stable as they approach 90°.
9. Stabilize the proximal fragment adding pins as required, and stabilizing them to the longer carbon bar.